Tonight was definitely going like it usually does. Me, up watching "Teen Mom" while my sleeping husband lies next to me (don't judge me...) and our two kitties coming in and out of our bedroom as they please, jumping on bed....soaking up some pets, and then leaving as fast as they came. But the part that was different is all I could think of was "I need to blog".
I tried to drown that recurring thought with yet another Netflixed episode of Corey and Ali, Jenelle, and Chelsea...but alas it would not subside.
So here I am.
I haven't quite figured out what it is exactly I want to blog about, but I feel that if I don't write about something, anything I might explode. Maybe it's the fact that...well...quite honestly I've had a hard couple of days. I'm going to say, yeah...that's probably got something to do with it. I'll refrain from boring each and every one of you with all the drama for your mama crap-ola and focus on more positive ramblings of my brain. I need to let some thoughts out.
I read a quote today that said, "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time". Although it's a silly quote, I gotta admit...it's sort of true. I would, though, change it to "The time you enjoy is not wasted time"...but I guess that doesn't pack as much a punch as the first. So we'll keep it at that. ANYWAY...that got me thinking about what it is my husband and I "waste" our time on. We love "wasting" time together...although I again would say our time together is never a waste. Well...almost never- I'm sure he'd love to add in that our time together watching "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" was quite the waste of time. That right there....the fact that he'll sit through almost a whole episode with me, is pure love.
Back to things we waste our time on.
- Laying on the living room floor, in the sunshine, with our kitties. We do this almost every single day. The way our little apartment is situated, everyday from about 2-4pm we receive the most saturated loveliness of sunshine throughout our living room and kitchen. It sprays a nice ray of yellow goodness across our carpet, making it not only warm, but very welcoming. It's about this time both our kitties wake up from their morning/noon/afternoon snooze to sprawl across the floor and soak it in. We tend to join them.
- Bike rides. This is one of the most fun things you can do with your loved one. Get outside, enjoy some fresh air, move at a steadily slower pace through your neighborhood (or beach, mountain trail...whatever) and get some much needed exercise. This is not our extreme biking time. I own a beach cruiser. Let me tell you...when roads incline anything more than... a 3 degree angle...times are tough for Christina.
- Picnics. Most of the time, bike rides and picnics go hand in hand...but there are times when we'll drive somewhere real nice and have a picnic. Again...you gotta try it, if you have not already. Please be cautioned..take it easy. Once upon a time my lovely hubbie (then boyfriend) packed a super picnic that included mimosa makings and chocolate dipped strawberries..and took me to the windiest part of our town. With no napkins to be found...and hair blowing in face at ALL times...the sweetest idea became not so sweet. Poor guy.
- Trying new restaurants. WE LOVE DOING THIS. Seriously folks. This rocks my socks off. Whenever we come across a little extra ca$h money this usually is the first thing we'll do. I'm such a food nerd that whenever I hear of a "great" place to eat, I'll immediately put in in my phone's calendar for "a later date", hoping that when that date comes we'll go. Doesn't always happen...I'm usually resetting that date, but when it does.. Woah Nelly!
- Last, but definitely not least...Church. We love church. When we can't make the 45 minute drive to our awesome Reality LA in Hollywood, we'll catch a super duper more awesomer (that's totally a word!) podcast. This, my friends...is no waste of time.
If I were Joe Shmoe the random blog reader...I'd be bored to tears after 5. So I'll leave it at that. I have to admit friends....I do feel A LOT better. Thanks for listening! What do you guys "waste" your time doing?? I'd really love to hear.