Happy Tuesday friends! For some of you, you have today and tomorrow off! Jealous! Sadly, for the hubbie and I, we work everyday this week BUT that doesn't mean we won't have a good week (or super fun holiday tomorrow ;)
How was your weekend?? Were you all resting and preparing for the 4th of July which is TOMORROW?! Cannot believe that! Wasn't Mother's Day yesterday? Wasn't Easter like a month ago? We're half way through with the year. And I'm just in utter shock.
This was such a fun weekend for us! A bit calmer than it has been in a while (YES!!) but fun none the less.
- Folk art inspired edible stars were ordered, made, and shipped out this weekend.
- Remember when I was telling you all about our 10,000 birthdays we have in July? I wasn't kidding. Here we are- first weekend in, and already we have 4 birthdays THIS WEEK ALONE.Can you believe those gift bags came from the dollar bins at Target??
- We went on an afternoon date to our favorite store, Williams-Sonoma and I bought a very much needed new microplane. :) Our old one was on it's last leg. Zesting, grating, and all around fun..ing..here I come (again)!
- While on that afternoon date, we spotted these SUPER FLIPPING CUTE wooden colored pencils. Had to buy for one of our nieces. Had to indeed.
- Herb and citrus rub using homegrown everything!!!! Chives, tarragon, cinnamon basil, lemon thyme, lemon zest- all homegrown. Salt, pepper, olive oil, and a sprinkling of chile flakes. Try it. Rub it on something and grill it.
- Bag O Candy. Got it Friday. Gone by Sunday. Sigh. Now, just waiting on the arrival of some cavities.
- Warehouse 9 right next to CRAFTED.
- Our little town finally opened its doors to our NEW marketplace displaying handmade (and ONLY handmade) goodies, vendors, and mom and pop shops, to the public this weekend! CRAFTED is located minutes from our house, in the heart of our town, and was so fun!
- In celebration of the grand opening were, what else- a plethora of food trucks. :D
- We settled on the Holy Aioli truck. We were NOT disappointed. They specialize in fancy salads, fries, and sandwiches which they serve with crazy flavored aiolis! We got chicken and turkey sandwiches smothered in roasted garlic aioli, curry aioli, and truffle fries served with...yeah truffle aioli.
Currently Obsessing over…
Dawson's Creek. Ugh. I hate admitting that. We're half way through Season 3 now and I'm completely hooked. I anxiously await the next time we have time to watch a few episodes and honestly get a little sad feeling when it's time to turn it off and go to bed. If I had my way I'd watch Dawson's Creek until my eyes bled.
Some really neat new edible decorations that I'm pretty excited to show you all. Little hint- they are NOT girly! Oh and this new Ombre DIY project we did this weekend (see below).
Ombre anything. I don't know why. In fact, truth be told, a few months ago I didn't even know what ombre was. No, I'm not kidding. But low and behold here I am, loving every single thing I see done ombre style. Ombre style? Is that a thing? I even did a little ombre DIY over the weekend with Bill, which we'll show you how to do later!
The month of July. We're going to be so busy this weekend that all I want to do is crawl in bed and hide under the covers. NO joke. I will say though, we planned the hubbie's birthday day's festivities this weekend AND I'M SO EXCITED! Nothing extreme, just very very "us". OooOOWeeEEe I can't wait. I may be more excited than him!
Florence + The Machine and The Avett Brothers. A lot.
Worse than I have in a while. I'm so ashamed. I think this happens every summer. There's something about being outside and happy and warm and whatever...I can't help but eat gallons of ice cream, terrible "who knows what it's made of" candy, greasy hamburgers and fries, sweets galore...cake... You name it- I'm probably eating it. I feel like the Hungry Hungry Caterpillar. :( And it's showing- and I can feel it. So, it's officially time to stop the eating madness and get back to eating semi-healthy again ;)
For a little more patience...and time in the day.
What about you guys? How was your weekend? What did you all do??? What are some things you guys are thinking about, listening to, or wishing for?
Follow me on Instagram: @sweetlavenderbakeshoppe