Gosh it's so hard to get back into the swing of things after an amazing vacation, isn't it?
As you all already know, the hubbie and I just celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary! Wheeee! So darn fun. We decided that because we had a wedding to go to the day after our big day, that we would take it slow the week of...and do a little staycation instead of going out somewhere! The best idea ever! We took almost a full week off (much needed) and literally did whatever we wanted every single day. The best part was, when we were tired, we came home, loved on kitties, went to bed and then started all over again the next day. Where have staycations been all of my life?? Save money on hotel prices, sleep in your own bed...and not have to pack a week's worth of things? Score!
What we did:
- Went to Ikea! Seriously guys...this is like going to Disneyland for us. We love Ikea! Plus there were things we desperately needed (like a new chair and shower curtain) so it was a win-win. Not having anywhere to go after or any deadlines that needed to be finished, we took our time, walked around hand in hand...and just enjoyed ourselves! Plus afterwards we munched on some amazing burgers from Five Guys, came home and built our chair, and called it a night! Amazingness.
- Spent the day in Manhattan Beach. Again, another thing we love to do is walk around our beach cities near our house. Redondo (my favorite), Hermosa, and Manhattan Beach have some amazing restaurants and quirky stores (read: antique and fun thrift shops), so we always enjoy ourselves! I found a brand new Martha Stewart red ceramic deep dish pie pan for $7- I mean....
- Got tattoos! Yep. We have this thing that for giant milestones, we save up our money and go get some sort of corresponding tattoo together. Our last tattoos were a couple of years ago, for Bill's 30th birthday: we got our birds (my arm) and birdhouse (his arm). So being our 5th wedding anniversary, we got one of our marriage life verses- 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 (but focused on verse 8)- "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." Such a perfect way to remember our 5th!
- Had a stay at home tapas and wine movie night! MmMmMmm do I love tapas! We literally walked around Trader Joe's, filled a basket with little bits and pieces, and called it dinner. Bruschetta, multigrain pita chips, meats and cheeses, fruits...Gaaaaaw! COULD EAT FOREVER!
- Stayed one night at the Paradise Pier Hotel in Disneyland! Goodness gracious was this fun! I've never stayed at any of the Disney hotels, so this was a real treat! Plus they hooked us up with a suite on the top floor, so our view was to die for!
- Enjoyed a special anniversary dinner at Disney's Napa Rose. Talk about fine dining! I got incredibly giggly and red faced when my chair was pulled out for me, napkins were laid across my lap, and my forks were changed with each course!
- Walked around Downtown Disney and acted like little kids in all the fun stores!
- WENT TO DISNEYLAND AND CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE! Eeeeeeep! It's been years since we've been to either park, so this was the best way to spend our actual anniversary day! Yes we got the buttons that said it was our anniversary. Yes we loved getting a "happy anniversary!" from everyone we passed. Hehe. We rode as many rides as we could, spent hours in the new Cars Land (which was AWESOME), ate the best "bad for you" foods we could find (like the Ghirardelli Chocolate Peanut Butter Sundae!!!), and completely enjoyed ourselves. I do mean, completely. My heart was full.
- Then the next day we loved on our two good friends as they stepped into their first day of marriage. I love weddings! Like, LOVE THEM. Bill was in the wedding, so we got to really spend quality time with the couple as he had to be a part of a lot of their "behind the scenes" action. Good food, good friends, and lots of dancing! I think my legs still hurt!
- Naps! Yeah...a lot of em.
Thank you so much to every single one of you that emailed, texted, or commented somewhere with lovely encouragement and support! I read em all and totally appreciated each and every one!
Now it's back to our old routine of working and enjoying each other as much as we can, daily. No complaints here, we both love what we do! But it's no day in Disneyland, if you know what I mean! :)